"I'd rather be shaving."

You're a star, you're a star, you're a bright shining star...

Thursday, January 05, 2006

LOVE DEM EGGS!

Why is it every time I ever get together with family, friends, coworkers, or complete strangers we end up talking about pickled eggs?

A lady (that works were I do) once told me she makes pickled eggs for her 25 year old son. “He’s learning disabled and thinks he’s fat so that’s all he’ll eat, I make about 2 dozen at a time,” she said.

You always remember your first. And I believe alcohol must always be involved; I know it was for me. The first time I indulged was in a dirty tavern in Conneaut, OH. The jar had dust on top and obviously been reused for years. This was pre “Fear Factor” and just one of those “good times/MGD” things.

I bought these crazy neon yellow “mustard” eggs in the Bilo deli one time and some lady asked what they are used for, I replied “eat them I guess.” I never saw them there again so they must have not been a big seller, go figure.

And of course Harassments: 12 beers +12 eggs = Dave we shoulda stopped at 1.

1 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Mr. Bebout said...

Good times man. Damned good times. And quite a bargin too boot. $0.75 for three eggs with onion and what have you left more money for beer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home