"I'd rather be shaving."

You're a star, you're a star, you're a bright shining star...

Friday, December 02, 2005

Cleaning House!

I have decided to take inventory during this move, inventory of my life that is. I have too much shit. This has complicated my life. I don’t want to be a rat surrounded by a cluster fuck of material crap anymore.

I rented a dumpster today; a really big one. I spent 4hrs cleaning out the shed. It made me sick when I though about all the cool stuff I was shit canning. “There’s still a lot of life left in this wig” that was covered in autumn leaves and mud. Into the landfill with it and the thousands of other worthless pieces of crap I “inventoried” today.

As I get older I am starting to realize that simpler is better and I’m not old (except in Kristen years). One project at a time or at least I’ll try to live by my new rule.

My Mom is a pack rat. Yep you’ve seen it. Not even worth commenting on. My sister’s all love Goodwill for the “bargains.” But there is a price for cheap. “Freedom isn’t free” (it cost a buck-O-five).

If anyone wants something do not hesitate to ask before I give it the heave-ho. I got lawn mowers and tractors, motors and a fantastic four costume, college books and scrap metal, sand blasting…

8 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hey, buddy- you haven't seen clutter until you've seen my parent's house. They currently hold the title for that. They went away recently for their anniversary and my two sisters and I bought contractor's bags and just spent days throwing stuff away. Tam can tell you, it was incredible. My other sister, Tess, just kept saying, over and over, "How can you not throw stuff away?" I was laughing until Tammy said, "Hey, at least it won't be as bad when we do this next year." Wha? We gotta do this again? It was great.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Stacy Cane said...

Amen to that. I've got stuff to go through. My mom is a packrat, and I've started following in her footsteps and I don't like it. Even the stuff that might be cool, if it is in a box under the steps, what good is it doing me there?

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Stacy Cane said...

You are getting rid of lawnmowers? I might be interested in taking one off your hands.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Curt said...

The mowers are on the trailer and headed for meltdown. You have until noon on Tues the 6th to claim your prize. The clock is ticking, make your move.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Ray called the big screen tv. We had an awesome time with you guys yesterday and Ray and I were thankful but confused as to why you bought lunch. Then we had a aprty recap in bed last night and when we got to you, we thought maybe there was some guilt in it.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Curt said...

Confucius say:

Always keep friends in check then time comes to return favor (move boxes) they no bitch.

And the puke thing.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Ray admitted that at the time, he had been getting a little chilly and your vomit warmed him up. Also someone left a few beer bottles in the bath...any ideas?

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Curt said...

Beer bottles in the shampoo rack? Huh? I mean,"In the bath?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home